Saturday, July 26, 2014

Beer Soap

Making Beer Soap 

I've been wanting to make beer soap for awhile now.
I was a bit hesitant because I didn't want to 
go to all the work of boiling the beer, then freezing
it before I could use it. 
Well, thanks to Cathy on 'Soaping 101' I found
out I can skip one step with another for less hassle
and then freeze the beer.
So...what is that step?
Eliminating the boiling! Just pour it in a container, and let 
the beer go flat on it's own! 
If you boil the beer you not only will flatten it,
but you'll also take out a lot of the good stuff for your skin out of it! 
And you will never be able to boil all the alcohol out of it anyway.

I call this bar: Vanilla Sudz

the beer I used
Before I go any further I have a disclaimer here:
I am a born again Christian and I do not
drink Alcohol of any kind. But as you can see
I do use it in my soaps! >smiles<

For the oils I used:
Olive Oil
Coconut Oil
Shea Butter
Grapeseed Oil
and Sunflower Oil

along with the beer I used Coconut oil,
and Almond oil.
I froze all the liquid before I added the
Sodium Hydroxide.

I also added some Kaolin Clay for 'slip'.

The fragrance oil I used was a combo of
French Vanilla & Sandalwood.

Titanium Dioxide was added to color some of the soap
for contrast. 

Here is my video.
 







Thanks for stopping by!

Life is good!
Valerie








No comments:

Post a Comment