Thursday, February 20, 2014

Soap on a Rope


Recently I have been very interested in making an unconventional soap: Soap on a Rope.
Not just any soap on the rope. But one that had more of an 'old world' or ' vintage look' to it. 
Last year I stumbled upon the kind of 'Soap on a Rope' that appealed to my senses.

I used a Bastile recipe to make this soap, which just means I used over 50% Olive Oil. Also added are: Coconut Oil, Cocoa Butter, and Shea Butter. 
For the Fragrance I used two Eesential Oils: Lavender and Clary Sage.

I'm just showing you 'the pour' in this video.


The Cut......


And the finished soap.




I am very pleased with the look. I will be making more in the future.


Life is good.
Valerie 



1 comment:

  1. Cool soap! I never thought of making soap-on-a-rope with a hole bored through
    the soap, I love it. Such a neat idea. I'm thinking that this is a great way to store
    handcrafted soap after use, to keep it out of the stream of water in the shower.

    ReplyDelete